The age of elegance is not past; it still lives on at this lovely old manor house where two generations of the Varley family have created a special atmosphere of warmth and comfort. Once the distinguished residence of the descendants of William Marshall, the Earl of Pembroke, founder of the historic 12th century Cartmel Priory, Aynsome still echoes with the character and traditions of that bygone era.
Located in the still untouched Vale of Cartmel and with views southwards to the Norman Priory, meadowlands and woods, Aynsome Manor represents an ideal centre from which to explore the richness of the English Lakes or the hidden delights of the nearby coastline with its fascinating estuaries and inlets. Chris, Andrea and their dedicated team will ensure a warm welcome to both Aynsome Manor Hotel and Cartmel. “A vibrant village in every season”.
The Traditional Lakeland coaching Inn offers a selection of comfortable bedrooms. All are individually furnished to a very high quality, with good quality furniture, excellent beds and some with sitting area. All rooms have tea and coffee facilities.
The candle lit dining room creates an ideal setting for a relaxed meal where guests can enjoy the imaginative and carefully chosen table hotel menu, changed daily using fresh local produce. Service will be attentive, without being obtrusive. Good food is extremely important at Aynsome and constant attention ensures commendable ratings in the independent Guide Books. Local produce, imaginative menus and professional expertise will enable you to approach each meal with anticipation.
Children welcome from age 5.
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
21 December 2014
“Lovely hotel, wonderful experience!”
Timelessly cosy, comfortable and very welcoming hotel set in fabulous countryside. Lovely food, great service and facilities. Bed not the comfiest but just a tiny negative amongst the many positive aspects of this lovely hotel - can highly recommend!
SD 384798 54.21021 -2.94583
From M6 follow A590 towards Barrow. Leave the A590 after Lindale following signs for Cartmel. Aynsome is situated on the right 0.5 miles north of the village. Nearest station is Grange-Over-Sands 3 miles away, taxi available.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training