I always love my visits to Langar Hall. Beautifully situated overlooking the Vale of Belvoir – a lovely country house, built in 1837, standing beside an early English church, with glorious views over the gardens and parkland.
The Hall is the family home of the late Imogen Skirving, who worked tirelessly to build the prestigious reputation of the hall, with her daughter and granddaughter maintaining this tradition. Imogen's father used to entertain famous cricketers of the 1930’s, with the Test Match Special team and other esteemed cricketers still staying at the hall.
The exceptional team make every effort for their guests’ happiness, with their inviting demeanour and dedication. All the bedrooms are charming and uniquely furnished and the public rooms are delightful.
Chef Gary Booth works hard to produce excellent, reasonably priced menus of French and English cuisine; using local produce such as, garden vegetables and herbs, Langar lamb, Stilton, game from the Belvoir Estate, and fish direct from Brixham.
Newark Antique Fair, Trent Bridge Cricket, Belvoir Castle, Belton House and Burghley House are all nearby gems to visit.
A truly lovely spot, with a tranquil and enchanting ambience.
Open all year.
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in French
- Staff fluent in Polish
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training