Wolfscastle is a friendly country house hotel and restaurant, formerly a vicarage, situated between Haverfordwest and Fishguard, just off the A40. It is still known locally by its original name Allt Yr Afon (‘Wooded Hill by the River’).
The stylish extension to the front has a cosy residents’ lounge and brasserie style dining area. There is also a modern and stylish function room overlooking the garden to the rear of the building, with a light and airy seating area. Wolfscastle’s location and hospitality make it popular for conferences and weddings.
There are 20 individually styled and recently refurbished bedrooms using award winning local fabrics and fitted with 32" flat screen TVs. Rooms are either in the old vicarage part of the house or in the modern rear part of the building.
Meals are served in the Brasserie style restaurant at the front of the hotel, full of natural light from skylights and glass bi-fold doors; and the Allt yr Afon Restaurant with a more traditional formal ambience.
Excellently located for exploring the Pembrokeshire Coast and National Park, the Preseli Hills and St David’s – Britain’s smallest cathedral city. Tregwynt Woollen Mill and a number of craft and pottery workshops are also nearby.
Wolfscastle has been under the same ownership for over 35 years, and has gained a well-deserved reputation for good food and friendly relaxed service, which will guarantee a memorable stay.
Open all year except 24-26 December.
Pets welcome £5 per night.
Children welcome from any age.
SM 952274 51.90805 -4.97779
Take A40 towards Fishguard, the village of Wolfscastle is 7 miles from Haverfordwest. The hotel is just off the A40.
By Public Transport:
Nearest train station is in Haverfordwest. Bus stops immediately outside the hotel.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours